Community Group Question 5.02.21
Sermon // “A Love that Lasts a Lifetime” Song of Songs 8:5-14
- Having gone through the entire book of SOS what is the one thing that impacted you the most?
a. What does the book address to husbands that effects a lifetime love?
b. What does the book address to wives that effects a lifetime love?
- Read SOS 8:7. How do you think this teaches us that love can’t be purchased?
a. For the Married: In what ways does your partner demonstrate sacrificial love?
b. For the Singles: How can you connect selfishness in potential mates and do you think that connects to sacrificial love?
- Read SOS 8:8-10. Where does the foundation for lifetime love begin? What role does family play in this? What are some practical ways this can be prescribed and followed through with families today?
- Are there any child-like (self-serving) ways you have loved that you need to give up?
- Read 1 Corinthians 13:1-3. Can you give examples from your marriage (or hypothetical marriage) that would illustrate the descriptions of love in these verses?
- How do we show the love of God in our lives according to 1 John 4:7-8?