Community Group Questions 04.24.22
Sermon // “Should We Act For The Unborn?” Proverbs 24:10-12
- Read 1 Peter 1:1. What does elect exiles mean? Do you recall from the sermon the difference between a native, a tourist, and a resident alien?
- In what ways is the situation of the Christian church today different from that of the exiles in Babylon? In what ways is it similar? How does this affect the mission of the church today?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:20. What is an ambassador in earthly politics today? What then is a heavenly ambassador?
a. If resident aliens represent the heart of God then name some values and practices in culture that challenge this?
b. If ambassadors represent the interests of the cross how does this guide our involvement in culture?
- What does the Bible teach us about the unborn?
a. Proverbs 24:10 – How much does this verse describe the church today regarding abortion?
b. Proverbs 24:11 – How would you say this verse applies to the unborn?
c. Proverbs 24:12 – How does this verse make you accountable for the unborn?
- Discuss what is now going on in Guam regarding the unborn and what is an appropriate response for the church—as well as what might be inappropriate.