Community Group Questions 05.08.22
Sermon // “God’s Law and God’s Gospel” // Deuteronomy 6
- Read Romans 3:21-26 and 6:23. How does the Bible help us understand the nature of sin? What are the prospects for achieving righteousness through the law? What can people do instead?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:4. Why does God, through Moses, reinforce the very significant fact that “the Lord is one?”
- Leviticus 11:1-37 lays out dietary laws. Read Acts 10:9-16. What bearing does this passage have on the dietary laws.
- The Old Testament lists numerous required animal sacrifices to stay in good standing with God. The New Testament does not list any required animal sacrifices. Why is this?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:8-9. Now read Matthew 6:5-8. What do the two passages say about the practice of individual prayer and worship? Can you reconcile them? If so, how?