Community Group Questions 06.06.21
Sermon // “Why the World Hates Us (and Why this is a Good Thing)” John 15:18-21
- Read Psalm 89:50, John 15:18-19, and Matthew 10:22
- Why did Jesus believe it important to warn his disciples in this way? What behavior on their part was he trying to influence?
- Read Luke 12:51. How does this relate to individual Christians being scorned or hated for their beliefs?
- Have you experienced hatred or persecution for your beliefs? Do you know anyone personally (not a historical figure) who has?
- Read 1 Peter 2:20 and Romans 7:21. Can you relate to these passages? Provide examples from your life where your good works have resulted in an undesirable outcome?
- In what ways have you been a “closet Christian?”
- Have you ever found yourself afraid or anxious about discussing your belief with non-believers?
- How about the symbols of belief, like blessing your meals, saying “Merry Christmas,” etc.? If you have gone ahead anyway, what did you say to reduce any awkwardness, particularly in mixed settings of believers and non-believers?
- Read Matthew 5:13-16 and Titus 2:7-8. How do these passages assist with techniques to become more effective with personal evangelism?
- Read 2 Corinthians 6:4-10, Romans 5:3-5, and James 1:2-4. How do these verses encourage you to become “Christ Crusaders?”