Community Group Questions 11.29.20
Sermon // Essentials & Non-Essentials // Romans 14
- The main point of the sermon was to “Be grounded in the essentials and gracious in the non-essentials.” What would you consider as essential doctrines and practices in the Christian’s life? (Read 1 Corinthians 15:3–4)
- Read together the following passage with your small group (Romans 14:1–15:6).
- Choose one of the two questions: (1) Do you think you have a “strong conscience” or a “weak conscience” on the following issues: drinking alcohol; watching rated-R or rated-MA movies and TV shows; following government guidelines for COVID-19, etc. (2) What are some other areas you have may have a strong or weak conscience?
- How can a person with a strong conscience display “arrogance” in the way he holds to his views?
- How can a person with a weak conscience display “Judgmentalism” in the way he holds to his views?
- How does Christ want us to hold our differing opinions according to Romans 15:1–6?