Community Group Questions 12.12.21
Sermon // “Mary’s Magnificat” Luke 1:39-56
1. This chapter speaks of being filled by the Spirit 3 times (vv. 15, 41, 67). What happens with these characters when they are filled. What action do they do?
2. What does it mean to be filled with the Spirit? See Ephesians 3:14–18 and Ephesians 5:18. What would that look like in your life today?
3. This chapter contains songs and praises from Mary, Zacharias, and Elisabeth. Even John leaps in his mother’s womb. Why does the coming of Jesus Christ move people to rejoice and praise God? Has the Holy Spirit produced joy in your heart because of Jesus? Why or why not?
4. In what ways has God’s salvation already come (1:51–53)? How is it present in the world today? What is so revolutionary about Mary’s song?
5. How are songs instrumental in our Christian life today? Can you attest to the power of song in your life? What song have you held on to this season?