Community Group Questions 2.14.21
Sermon // “Honey Words” Song of Songs 1:8-14
- Proverbs 16:24 says, “Gracious words are like honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.” Explain what this means – do you know any examples of words like this?
a. How can this make a body healthy?
b. Contrast this with Proverbs 21:9
- Tim Keller has said that marriage has re-creational power and that a spouse can reprogram your self-image. What does he mean? Do you agree?
- Describe the danger of spouses being openly critical of one another in public?
a. On the other hand, what benefits can happen when one praises their spouse in public?
- Read SOS 1:12-14 and answer these:
a. How do her words show honor? How can yours?
b. How do her words communicate only you can be this close? How can your words do this?
c. How do her words declare that he stands out? How can yours?
- We saw this week how words were used positively in their relationship. How do these verses guide us to act if we find ourselves in the following situations: Proverbs 12:25, 15:1, 16:24, 24:26?
a. Your spouse is anxious about the family’s finances
b. If your spouse said to you, “How many times do I have to…?
c. You overheard you spouse complaining about you to someone else?