Community Group Questions 3.21.21
Sermon // “Awaken Love” Song of Songs 4:1-5:1
- In what ways do the people in your discussion group think men and women are different?
a. True or False: The differences between men and women are never more evident as they are with sexual intimacy.
b. True or False: Men and women think about sex approximately about the same amount.
c. True or False: Women face greater risks than men when it comes to sex.
- Read through SOS 4:1-7. In the message on Sunday PK stated that a man’s big red button is visual whereas a woman’s big red button is verbal. How true is this for those of you in your discussion group?
a. For Husbands/men: Do you ever talk to your wife the way Solomon does here? Solomon used agrarian life to describe his wife, but what might your wife (or women today) relate better to?
b. For Wives/women: What do you think of Solomon’s first approach in verses 1-7? What could your husband learn from Solomon here?
- Read 1 Corinthians 7:1-5 and explain how this passage teaches mutual submission.
a. How is SOS 4:8-9 an example for 1 Corinthians 7:1-5?
b. When it comes to physical intimacy what are some things that make it a challenge to be mutually submissive?
c. In the final act in verses 4:16-5:1 how can mutual submission be seen?
- Do you agree with Tim Keller’s three points on why we have physical desires:
-Your sexual capacity is not really for you
-Sexual invention is not so you can get pleasure, but to give it.
-The Apex of Godly married sexual passion is to know this—the height of sexual pleasure is the pleasure in giving pleasure.
- Read SOS 4:10 – How does this verse bring together three different relational aspects of love into intimacy?