Community Group Questions 4.18.21
Sermon // “Leading in Love” Song of Songs 6:11-7:10
Praise is a form of building up another person. Read the NT verses below and discuss how they apply the thought of praise to marriage.
- Read Romans 14:19. What does it say may result from words that build someone up? How does criticism not “make for peace” in marriage?
- When we please our marriage partner by meeting his or her needs, what is the result? (Romans 15:2)
- How does 1 Corinthians 10:23 serve as a guideline for topics of conversation in marriage? Why is edification so important?
- The purpose of conversation in marriage is to impart ___________ to one’s spouse. (Eph. 4:29) What would be an example of a “corrupt word?”
- How does comfort edify in marriage? What do “each other” and “one another” signify about who is to comfort whom in marriage? (1 Thess. 5:11)
- When words cause disputes in marriage, what can they not do at the same time? Why should disputes in marriage be avoided or settled quickly? (1 Timothy 1:4; Eph. 4:26)
- From what you have learned in this lesson, what means of edification or praise could you implement most readily in your marriage?