Community Group Questions 7.11.21
Sermon // “The Supremacy of Christ” // Colossians 1:1-13
1. Read Colossians 1:2-3. What do these verses tell us about the community relationships between believers?
a. How would you describe your love for your local church community?
b. What would you say to a person feels being part of church is a burden?
2. Read Colossians 1:6-8. According to Paul, what is the expanse where the gospel was growing, and how was it growing in Colossae?
a. What are some ways you’ve seen the gospel grow and bear fruit today?
3. Read Colossians 1:9. What did the sermon on Sunday say was the difference between knowledge and wisdom?
a. What does this statement mean: “To know God’s will is to know God’s character”?
b. According to verse 10 what should knowledge and wisdom lead towards?
4. Paul was involved in people’s lives, like Epaphras, and was changing them. Why is it difficult to get involved in people’s lives and help them change? How can verse 11 encourage us?
5. Read Colossians 1:3, 9 and describe Paul’s prayer for the Colossian church. How have you prayed for believers in this way?
a. How can you make the coming months a season of focused prayer?
b. Tell someone you will be praying for them for a season and invite accountability for this.