Ministry Update 10.3.20
I have bittersweet news. Most of you have probably heard by now that the governor is allowing churches to open this Sunday, and that is sweet. We plan to have a 9:00 a.m. service followed by a 10:30 a.m. service in order to spread out our attendance. Updated guidelines will limit our sanctuary to 120 attendees. Nursery will be available for both services, but only the second service will have a class for toddlers (2-3). If you have no children it would be helpful to attend the first service so our parents with toddlers may attend the second. As before, the services will be shortened to just under an hour. We are excited to offer communion in both services as this hasn’t been available all summer.
The bitter part of the news is that corporate worship is being prohibited for a time. That’s pretty tough for me. It’s one of the best parts of attending church services. I know many of you feel that this is an over reach in prohibition. Despite my personal consternation about it, I take great joy in what we can do and in knowing that all the restrictions are not permanent. Some of you have already expressed to me how blessed it will be to just congregate together even if we can’t yet sing. I continue to urge patience and joy through these times. I hope to see you at church, but we will continue to live stream the 10:30 a.m. service for those that can’t make it.
If you are able to attend then I’m listing below the continued, and some new, precautions to follow:
- Everyone over the age of 2 must wear a mask covering their nose and mouth at all times, from the moment they exit their vehicle on arrival until they re-enter their vehicle on departure
- One set of doors to the sanctuary will be for entry and the other set for exit; these are marked accordingly
- The greeters will open the doors for you; please minimize touching of surfaces
- The greeters will provide you with a dose of hand sanitizer
- When you enter the foyer, we will be doing a quick temperature check; anybody with a fever of 100 degrees F or greater will need to return home
- From the temperature check, we will have a table set up with prepackaged communion elements; please take just enough for your family
- From the communion table, please proceed to the left-side sanctuary doors and a team member will help direct you to a seat if necessary
- Please no loitering or socializing in the foyer; it is important to keep the flow orderly and moving
- Household groups may sit together, but please maintain a minimum of two empty seats or an aisle between your household group and the adjacent one(s)
- We are not allowed to sing per GovGuam, so please listen and pray quietly during the worship music
- We are limited to 120 people in the sanctuary, so once we reach that limit, we will redirect people to the Church Center where we will have a video feed of the service and someone able to assist. There is a limit of 13 people in the Center.
We appreciate and love you all, and we feel blessed to meet in person again despite the restrictions. We hope to see you there.
Pastor Kevin and the Elders