Hafa Adai Church,
It is my desire to keep our church informed about the transition back to normal Sunday worship services. We had anticipated the governor to declare Guam to move to PCOR3 by this upcoming Sunday (6/14), but she has extended the PCOR2 status for now. For this reason we will hold off on restarting kids ministry on Sunday mornings. We will also continue with two morning services at the times of 9:00 and 10:30.
Please be aware that either service is available for you to attend, but we have recommended a particular service based on your last name in order to spread our attendance numbers out. We are limited to half the capacity of the building by the CDC guidelines and want to avoid reaching that (half) capacity and not be able to accommodate worshipers who have arrived at a service.
Our hope is that by mid-July we will be back to one service and congruently running some of our kid’s ministry with the worship service. Until then, here is a reminder of changes to make note of:
- 9:00 a.m. service for people whose last name begins with A-K
- 10:30 a.m. service for people whose last name begins with L-Z
- Wear masks
- Keep hands clean – there will be hand sanitizer available
- Follow usher’s instructions to sit in family groups 6 feet apart
- No children’s ministry offered – kids will worship in service
- Duration of service is shorter because the kids are integrated
- Special accommodations available for elderly and at-risk people
- The service will be live-streamed for those who can’t make it
- Kids videos online will continue to be available for those at home
- No coffee service….so bring your own
- Bathrooms will be open
- No nursery service but nursery doors unlocked for diaper changing and breastfeeding
I’d like to mention that some of our ministries are up and running again such as the women’s bible study, young adults, and many small groups. Please contact the front office if you want information on ministries that have restarted. I’d like to also mention that we discontinued the vespers FB live streams. The participation in these has diminished with other ministry activities becoming active again. We can always go back to vespers if it fits the season we are in as a community.
It has been a huge blessing to gather again as a church on Sunday morning and worship. I hope you can make it. We look forward to the continual re-gathering of our entire church body as we gradually come out of these days of isolation.